Find people, places and things. We'll ask thousands of Jamaicans to help you.
Data entry operator that can help us find and post interesting events going on in Jamaica. Remote work. Must be in Jamaica and know what's going on!! Click to WhatsApp.
The Westwood High School is a school located in Stewart Town, Trelawny, Jamaica. It was founded in 1882 by Baptist Minister Reverend W. M. Webb with the aim to provide unsegregated education for girls. The school also set up a board of trustees to represent the different Protestant denominations.
Address: Stewart Town, Trelawny
St. Hilda’s Diocesan High School for girls was established by the Anglican Church in 1906. It is a boarding school located in St. Ann, Jamaica. St. Hilda’s Diocesan High School for girls is owned by the Anglican Diocese. The school is deeply committed to providing students with quality education. Therefore it seeks always to promote and encourage high academic achievements.
Address: Brown's Town, St. Ann
The Carron Hall High school had its genesis in Dr. John Pringle’s desire to have a home built for orphan children. Mrs. K. Gellaty, the daughter of the minister of the Presbyterian Church at that time, used the funds provided by Dr. Pringle to start the work. The building was completed in 1921and was officially named Girl’s Home.
Address: St. Mary
Knox College is a co-educational high school for both day pupils and boarders in Clarendon Parish, Jamaica. The other institutions that form the complex are: the Neighbourhood Early Childhood Institute, Knox Junior School, and Knox Community College.
Address: Spauldings, Clarendon
Munro College is a boarding school for boys in St Elizabeth, Jamaica. It was founded in 1856 as the Potsdam School (named for the city of Potsdam), a school for rich boys in St. Elizabeth as stipulated in the will of plantation owners Robert Hugh Munro and Caleb Dickenson.
Hampton | For Girls
Hampton School for girls began in 1858 on the campus of the Potsdam College’ (now Munro College) in St. Elizabeth, with Miss Elizabeth Ramson as Headmistress. The school was established with the funds bequeathed by Robert Munro in his will dated January 21st 1797 to his nephew Caleb Dickenson. The funds were to be used to establish a school for the education of the poor children of St. Elizabeth.