This stone and brick building was erected in 1895 under the direction of the Colonial Secretary. It has two stories and has an upper verandah both at the front and rear of the building. The upper verandahs are surrounded by an ornate iron baluster and are supported by columns of cast iron work made by William McFarlane and Company of Glasgow, Scotland.
Soon after its erection, the Parish Council obtained use of the lower section of the building in exchange for another building they used on Harbour Street. A plaque on a wall inside the building, dated November 16, 1918, bears a message to the then Governor from the Secretary of State for the Colonies.
Check out the latest thats happening in Jamaica! From events, restaurants, meetups, bars, and more.